Who has management authority over a WMA?


The designation of a WMA does not affect any rights granted before the designation.

Any other activities that involve use of land or resources in a WMA require written permission from the Regional Manager, Environmental Steward Division, Ministry of Environment. The Regional Manager may establish orders that prohibit or restrict certain activities in a WMA which may affect wildlife or habitat.

The Minister or Cabinet may also make certain regulations respecting use or occupation of a WMA.

SOURCE: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/wma/